Thursday, August 7, 2008

Family Reunion

















Our first family camping trip never would have happened had we not invited other people along. I knew this to be true so I decided to make our family reunion a camping trip. If I got other people involved I couldn't back out-and consequently let my kids down. Until I get more in the groove of this camping thing, we will do it purely because it is so memorable. (I do not have to organize another family reunion for 7 years. We're hoping by then one of us will strike it rich and we can do a five star hotel reunion . . .) Fishing is the only place I took pictures, but we did a little hiking, eating, golfing, volleyball, and campfire.

It was freezing on the first night (literally below 32 degrees Farenheit), but got a bit more bearable the second. Being the only three campsites occupied was nice the first night. We tried our best to make a disaster of breakfast Friday morning but somehow everyone ate something. All the other meals were delicious and seemed to come together easily. It was a great couple of days together, but I'm not feeling very wordy . . .
















No comments: