Friday, May 22, 2009

I promise I have done one or two things since march.


But it has mostly been baseball. And I keep forgetting my camera.

Someday . . .

We did have an interesting Weston day. We took him in for neyropsychiactric evaluations in April (results still forthcoming). When I called in February to schedule the appointments, he wasn't doing so poorly, I just hoped we could help him really reach his potential by understanding him more fully. Well, by the time May came along, he was doing so well that I wondered why I put him through all this torture. (Which wasn't so bad, 7.5 hrs of testing, non-invasive, 6.5 in one day alone.) I can't put my finger on it exactly. He deals with life more appropriately for his age. He is more consolable. He is more responsive.

But today was different. We were in Spanish Fork for baseball from 10 to 6. It was a long day, but he has had long days before. When we got home and Weston had to wake up and bathe, he started having some issues. I will spare you the details (they are uncomfortable to say the least), but when he was finally heading downstairs (we are staying at my mom's house) to go to bed, he told me he needed my help getting from the living room to the stairway. Then he collapsed dramatically on the handrail and said, "Well, it looks like I'm going to have to do this the hard way," and proceeded to somersault head over hills and roll down the stairs. ON PURPOSE!

It looked really painful/funny. Can someone explain this?

No comments: