Saturday, March 21, 2009

So there was this one day . . .

It was about 12:30 am on Jan 16 and I was feeling useless. Lydia was refusing to fall asleep and I had run out of good ways to waste my time. (Having internet would have solved that problem.)



I grabbed my handy dandy camera and . . .





Breathing, sleeping child in clean room below:







Game made by Caden about Benjamin Franklin.




The beginning of Caden's Fitness Activity Badge:





Proof! Okay, I don't remember what the last picture means, but I do know that paying bills, coaching basketball, making phone calls, doing laundry, playing games with my kids, cleaning stuff, taking down b-day decorations, helping Caden with his Webelos, icing gooseggs (the beans), playing the piano (these two pages is all my kids would let me play), changing vacuum bags, reading the paper and the ensign, family scriptures, and keeping my kids alive makes for an awesome day! Moms rock!


Of course, after finishing this post it occurred to me that my dear friend Noelle would read this (sorry sweetie, I just read of your plight Wednesday as I have not been online for a really long time). And, being confined to a hospital bed for weeks now, she may think me shallow for feeling sorry for myself at all. But we are all human, given to complain or rejoice at things large and small. It is good to climb out of our heads and realize how lucky we are. You're awesome, Noelle! Our prayers are with you.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

I have learned, at least temporarily, to find joy in the simple things. I'm doing pretty well, keeping my eye on the prize, trying to be compliant. I am receiving very good care, for which I am grateful.

melimba said...

wow. good work on ALL the updates, Steph!!! WE LOVE IT ALL!
Darling/beautiful/adorable Lydia! golly, I swear that child is a doll! :) And, those crazy boys! I love the Blue Mountain Cake! hA! Was it a rainbow kind? My friend sent me a link for the recipe--sounds a little intensive, but yours turned out awesome!
I loved it all. Your boys are WAY too old! This is me... totally REELING! :) love you guys! give those kiddos a squeeze!!!