Saturday, May 17, 2008

Monday's Bees Game and other baseball stuff




I have to figure out how to get everything on one blog or post them in order. Monday's Bees game was awesome. Pictures follow. I need to take pictures at the boy's baseball games, but words will have to suffice for now. Caden's team preserved their first place standing in a nail-biter this morning. The Cubs would have moved into tied for first had they beat us. We were down six to nothing and came back to win it in the last inning.

The boys usually play on weekday evenings and this was a makeup game. They are not used to playing at 8 am on a Saturday morning. I attribute the slow start to coach thinking he would motivate them with donuts and rock star. Brilliant. Sugar and artificial stimulants. I got up and made Caden breakfast at 6:30 (those of you who know I am not a morning person will appreciate this.) and sent him to the game at 7:15 with Gatorade, water, and OJ. I am so glad the coach gave the players a heads up on his plan and then my son communicated with me!!

Caden played third. He felt really bad about getting thrown out at home but if he hadn't slid into the catcher, they would have gotten a double play and we would not have rallied to win the game. Go Caden!

Weston's game was not makeup but part of a mid-season tournament. They won because our 3rd base coach is so aggresive ( and brilliant at times). We manufactured runs like no team has ever done before. I think only one of the 11 was due to an actual hit.

Wes got to play shortstop. He had a blast!

1 comment:

Aaron and Stephanie Cousins said...

awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!