Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Before Picture (Or . . . back when I was young and innocent)


Well, I will try to get an after picture posted tomorrow. Poor Garrett is attempting to prove to us that he really does love the Doctor. 25 stitches two weeks ago and then he smooshed his fingers in the minivan door yesterday . . . will he remember any of this ?

I am thankful for . . . indoor plumbing.

And more importantly . . . the guidance of the Holy Ghost. I completely spaced my sharing time assginment for Sunday (come up with a fun, spiritual thanksgiving activity/game/message). Luckily there were some die-cut leaves in the closet and Kari found us a great scripture while I was conducting opening exercises. We read some of Amulek's message on prayer in Alma 34 and then had them memorize the part that says, "live in thanksgiving daily." Then we all wrote something we are thankful for on our leaf and taped it onto our tree on the chalkboard. It was wonderful and I know Heavenly Father wanted all of us to remember that phrase and that is why the idea came so easily and went so well. Life is beautiful.

ps i volunteered to coach jr jazz. this should be good. yes, they were desperate.

23

No comments: